5-6 Cottage Row
Lily Dale, NY
Hours: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday – Saturday
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm Sunday
Located on Cottage Row, facing the Auditorium and Melrose Park, the Marion H. Skidmore Library houses the largest collection of Spiritualist books in the world. A reading room is available for public use, and we have thousands of rare books and unique titles to choose from. Please be advised that due to the nature of the materials in our collections, the Marion H. Skidmore Library is a NON-CIRCULATING research library. To schedule a research appointment or for more information, please contact our Librarian.
Book Reading and Author Signing: Join author Michelle Whitedove on Monday, July 18, 2016 at 2:00pm as she reads her the beautifully illustrated children’s book MY INVISIBLE FRIENDS: ANGELS. Then stay for a book signing. Books will be available for purchase across the street at Lily Dale’s Bookstore.
“Village of Spirits” – A video about the history of Lily Dale and its evolution into a place of pilgrimage, growth, and reflection for the modern Spiritualist community, shown at 11:30 am daily (1:30 pm Sundays) in the meeting room downstairs.
“Lily Dale: A Place of Harmony and Reflection” – A short video featuring images of the Lily Dale grounds, shown at 2:00 pm daily (1:30 pm Sundays) in the meeting room downstairs.
Spiritualist Shorts · Summer Short-Format Lectures
Casual, informal, short presentations and lectures about topics within the history, science, and philosophy of Spiritualism. Topics and presenters change weekly, so be sure to see our Librarian for details! Presentations are every Tuesday at 3:30 pm in the meeting room downstairs.
If you have any questions, feel free to stop in and ask during our regular hours, or call us at (716)595-8721 x2001. You can also contact us via Facebook, tweet us on Twitter @LilyDaleLibrary, or email our Librarian directly.
For reference inquiries, contact via email is preferred.
- Marion H. Skidmore Library Facebook Page
- Marion H. Skidmore Library on Twitter
- Marion H. Skidmore Library on Instagram
- Contact the Librarian
- Click here to search our Rare Books and Stacks database.
User/Patron Guidelines for Searching Within the Library Database:
- Click on the Cards 1 tab to the RIGHT of the Rows 1 tab.
- Click on the BLUE button containing the Filter drop-down menu, and click on the term to select your search parameter: Title, Subject, Author, Collection, etc.
- After applying your search filter by selecting the correct field from the blue drop-down menu, type your search terms (author’s last name, title of work, subject of interest, etc.) in the NEWLY APPEARED Filter search box on the LEFT side of the page. Sometimes the field will auto-fill in popular terms (such as “Barbanell, Maurice”); if this occurs, SELECT the suggested term to auto-fill the search bar. Click on the Find button next to the search bar.
- The cards pertaining to the term searched for will appear in the frame on the RIGHT, displaying related works in bibliographic cards (sort of like a card catalog).
- If your initial search results are still too plentiful, repeat steps 2 and 3 to add an additional Filter search and to cross-reference your search for more precise results.
Happy searching, and, as always, feel free to email our Librarian if further assistance is needed.